IT Service Desk Analyst - M&C Saatchi
As part of our continuous improvement plan for Information Services, we are seeking an enthusiastic IT Service Desk Analyst with great technical and customer service skills to be part of our Service Delivery team and support our members of staff and wider user community across the M&C Saatchi network.
We are focused on providing the best customer service for our users. Working as part of this highly motivated team you will help ensure the delivery of high-quality services in line with SLAs and best practices.
As an IT Service Desk Analyst, you will be working in an ITIL-aligned environment providing a range of support to desktops, laptops, mobiles, tables and printers, and a range of hardware and software applications. This role is an opportunity for you to grow and develop your experience in 1st and 2nd line support within a large environment across both Mac and Windows technologies.
Reporting to the IT Service Delivery Manager. The core objective is to provide first and second-line support to staff within the agency; assisting them with hardware and software problems via phone, email, remotely and in person, with a focus on service restoration and communicating with the customer on progress.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide technical support; dealing with support queries in person, via phone, email and the IT help desk system
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
- Diagnose and resolve problems accurately making sure they are logged correctly and either closed successfully or escalated appropriately to 2nd/3rd Line support teams
- Respond to all calls on the call logging system or as instructed by the management team.
- Log all reported incidents or service requests in the IT ticketing system (FreshService)
- Respond to enquiries from clients and offsite staff and help them resolve any hardware or software problems
- Correctly log, prioritise, assign, track and respond to incidents and service requests in a timely manner, meeting agreed SLAs, and according to agreed standards and procedures
- Escalate high priority incidents to both internal and external teams, as appropriate
- Keep customers and other interested parties informed of progress throughout the lifecycle and ensure that corrective action is taken to avoid or minimise delays
- Perform Active Directory administration: Creating user accounts, reset passwords, create groups, etc.
- To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues
- Provide incident management ownership of all incidents, and oversight of requests to track status and communicate progress in a timely manner to the reporting customers.
- To arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house
- Liaise with external suppliers and vendors to order hardware and software for customers
- Maintaining the knowledge base for end-user self-help and Service desk first-line incident resolution and request fulfilment.
- Support customers in the use of computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice
- Carry out any ad hoc tasks/duties which may reasonably be expected as requested by IT Management
- Strong logical thinking and the ability to troubleshoot any kind of problem and apply context to assess priority.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with the business at all levels.
- A strong and comprehensive understanding of PC/Mac hardware set-up and configuration, networking principles and specialist tools as used in the agency.
- A strong knowledge of Microsoft/Mac operating systems and productivity tools.
- Previous Service Desk experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to retain instruction, and push forward
- Experience of using call logging software
- Desire to progress, high motivation and good team working essential
What skills do I need for this role?
- Microsoft Windows versions 7 - 10
- Apple OSX installation, configuration and troubleshooting
- Active Directory user and group administration
- Audio Visual and video conference technologies and hardware
- Anti-virus installation and centralised deployment/management tools (e.g. Sophos)
- Remote/Secure access & VPN solutions (particularly FortiCLient)
- WAN/LAN Technologies
- VOIP telecommunications hardware and administration
- Service Desk call logging software (FreshService)
- WiFi Technologies (specifically Meraki)
- Desktop Imaging
- Email management/security (particularly Mimecast)
- Microsoft Office 365 administration
- Mobile Telephony (IOS and Android)
- MDM - AirWatch
- Secure file-sharing system (particularly Engyte)
3 shift patterns working between the hours of 07:30 am - 06:30 pm Monday – Friday
- 7:30am – 4:00pm (room checks)
- 8:30am – 5:00pm (early shift)
- 10:00am – 06:30pm (late shift)
- Occasional overtime may be available to meet the demands of the business.
- Willing to work weekends and out of hours/unsociable hours on occasion
Founded in 1995, we are an independent global network of best-in-class brand and marketing specialists dedicated to helping brands and businesses turn change into advantage.
The M&C Saatchi Group UK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The M&C Saatchi Group does not and shall not discriminate, celebrates diversity and employment is based solely on qualifications and competence for a particular position, without regard on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all employees, volunteers, subcontractors, freelancers, and clients. Your information will be kept confidential according to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability you may contact us ‘here’.
Due to the high volume of applicants, it is not possible to reply to all applicants personally. All applicants are considered, however. If you have not been contacted within ten working days, please assume your application unsuccessful on this occasion and thank you for your interest in us!