M&C Saatchi Sport & Entertainment is an award-winning creative communications agency.
We connect brands to their audiences via the things people love, their passions. We specialise in integrated comms, PR, sponsorship, branded content creation, social and digital solutions and event production across the sport, entertainment, and lifestyle sectors.
Our agency philosophy - Brutal Simplicity of Thought, is at the heart of everything we do. Ensuring that we create an impact for our clients through the things people love.
We believe that we have the best client roster in the business, including the likes of Reebok, O2, Ballantine’s, Coca-Cola, Heineken, NatWest, Kia and Topo-Chico. We do everything we can to ensure that our work drives their brand forwards and engages audiences in an impactful way.
Our work has been awarded across the board, including recent accolades from Sport Industry Awards, Campaign Big Awards, The Lovie Awards and Event Awards.
Our ethos is, as ever, brutally simple – we only employ brilliant people who do brilliant work and are brilliant to work with. We sell ideas, and ideas come from people. So, we need the best and most brilliant minds to ensure we continue to deliver truly brilliant work for our clients. It is our belief that brilliant work can only be achieved with diversity of minds and thought, and an inclusive culture that allows everyone to bring their true selves to work. Because when people have the permission to be themselves, they will bring their very best selves. This sense of authenticity and commitment to our work is what makes us brilliant to work with, and the reason we have so many brilliant clients.
We take time to recruit the brightest minds in the business and invest greatly in their development making sure that they constantly progress.
You must have a passion for culture, across entertainment and lifestyle brands and an understanding of running a busy press office with expert media relations, strategic campaign planning and a ruthless ability to deliver brilliant coverage in millennial and Gen Z titles. This passion must come through in all the work you do and help inform and advise clients to deliver best-in-class activity.
As a freelance Account Manager across the Entertainment and Lifestyle teams, you are responsible for the efficient day-to-day management of campaigns. You are the central component in the team, ensuring the smooth running of a busy press office and PR campaigns, and you display strong skills in both managing up to AD’s and down to AE’s.
You are responsible for driving your campaigns forward and you are always one step ahead, managing the overall workload ensuring all deliverables are completed on time and to a high standard. You demonstrate a clear passion for the lifestyle and entertainment industry with an enviable black book of contacts as well as being tuned into new gen platforms.
- Ensure that press office and PR campaigns are run as smoothly as possible
- Day-to-day contact with the client
- Being the central ‘cog’ in your team to ensure PR actions are identified and completed in a timely manner
- Ensure that the client always feels they are getting the best, most professional service possible
- Provide informed counsel to clients
- Viewed by clients and peers as a trusted member of the team
Can Do Attitude:
Positive, proactive and solutions-driven – always thinking one step ahead
Responsibility and accountability on accounts - take ownership and are accountable for day to day operations
Delivery and Planning:
- Complete understanding of the role of PR and how it shapes our deliverables (PR is not just media, but all public-facing communications)
- Have strong knowledge of media, especially in relation to the specific needs of your client
- Have quality relationships with key media across all relevant clients – not simply ‘traditional' media, but also influencers
- Manage and drive rich editorial opportunities including exclusives, interviews and features
- Continually monitor media for all client coverage and articles of interest
- Aware of all coverage from initial sell-in to delivery and oversee the reporting process
Target Audience / Trends
- The ability to understand the target audience for your clients – their interests, what makes them tick. More likely than not you will also be the target audience!
- Proactively suggest how to engage with this audience in a way that would be beneficial to your clients’ business objectives
- Stay on top of trends and conversation topics
Initiative and Problem Solving:
The ability to both identify and solve problems before your AD’s or clients do (when highlighting a problem always have a view of what a solution might be)
- Thinking ahead and have your clients and brands front of mind
- Be proactive in spotting opportunities
- Display strong working relationships with your team
- Display strong relationships with clients, both in terms of rapport and respect.
- Display the ability to manage upwards as well as the AE’s
- Have a strong book of media contacts in key global music, lifestyle and cultural titles
- Strong document and presentation writing skills
- Developing your physical presentation skills and building confidence in competently talking clients through a document or pitching an idea
- Communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing throughout internal and client-facing comms
Management of AE’s:
- Keep all members of the team up to date with account work and ensure that regular internal status meetings are arranged, keeping your AD’s informed
- Give clear guidance and constant feedback to your AE’s - lead by example
Founded in 1995, we are an independent global network of best-in-class brand and marketing specialists dedicated to helping brands and businesses turn change into advantage.
The M&C Saatchi Group UK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The M&C Saatchi Group does not and shall not discriminate, celebrates diversity and employment is based solely on qualifications and competence for a particular position, without regard on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all employees, volunteers, subcontractors, freelancers, and clients. Your information will be kept confidential according to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability you may contact us ‘here’.
Due to the high volume of applicants, it is not possible to reply to all applicants personally. All applicants are considered, however. If you have not been contacted within ten working days, please assume your application unsuccessful on this occasion and thank you for your interest in us!