Purpose of this role
To actively contribute to Re’s verbal identity offering. A writer at Re provides strategic thinking, strong conceptual skills and great copy that play a key role in effective brands.
Duties & responsibilities
Copywriting at Re involves being both a strong writer and a strategic thinker. Under direction from our Creative Leads, you’ll develop verbal identity, naming and brand communications for our clients.
Working as part of a team, you’ll come up with ideas for how language can be used as a platform to build brands. Your clarity of vision and strong writing skills will enable you to bring these ideas to life across every brand application imaginable.
Developing verbal identity
- Work closely with the strategy team to refine brand principles and personality
- Drive the creation of verbal identity that aligns with the brand strategy
- Create best practice examples that bring the brand to life through writing
- Drive the naming of products, services and brands in line with the Re naming process
- Participate in client workshops, both with clients and internally, to ideate and sell-in names
Concepting and copywriting
- Generate copy-based platform ideas for brands
- Deliver copy across a range of channels and touchpoints
Tone of voice
- Create tone of voice guidelines for brands, products and services
- Deliver tone of voice presentations and training
- Build and maintain relationships with all clients that span numerous sectors
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of client industry, issues and opportunities
- Ensure all verbal branding work that is produced is aligned to client objectives
- Identify and communicate to our Creative Leads any risk management issues
- Promote a collaborative team environment amongst all employees, leading by example and teaching through direct interaction
- Be an inspiring & positive person to have around
- Have a focus on the importance of a strong team culture
- Possess good judgment, integrity, empathy with people, proactivity, drive and enthusiasm
Reporting to: Creative Director
At least 6 years experience in a writing role, ideally obtained within a brand or design agency.
Flexible (office & remote) working offered
Founded in 1995, we are an independent global network of best-in-class brand and marketing specialists dedicated to helping brands and businesses turn change into advantage.
The M&C Saatchi Group UK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The M&C Saatchi Group does not and shall not discriminate, celebrates diversity and employment is based solely on qualifications and competence for a particular position, without regard on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all employees, volunteers, subcontractors, freelancers, and clients. Your information will be kept confidential according to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability you may contact us ‘here’.
Due to the high volume of applicants, it is not possible to reply to all applicants personally. All applicants are considered, however. If you have not been contacted within ten working days, please assume your application unsuccessful on this occasion and thank you for your interest in us!