Job Title: Strategy Director
Clear is a global growth strategy consultancy with offices in New York, Dayton, OH, London, Frankfurt and Singapore that specializes in brand, experience and innovation. We believe that complexity and change, driven by consumers, trade and technology are the greatest barriers to value creation for our clients. The answer lies in clarity. We create growth through CLEAR strategy.
We bring clarity through a rigorously commercial mind-set and the belief in bringing inspiring strategy and creative to every client engagement. Our diverse and ambitious teams collaborate with our clients throughout the journey to identify and execute bold growth strategies.
What we are looking for
Regardless of role within our business there are certain qualities that help people succeed at Clear:
- Can do attitude – with a track record of getting involved and getting things done.
- Commerciality – a focus on the tangible client benefit and business relevance of our work
- Clarity – in the way they communicate and express ideas (visually & verbally)
- Curiosity – a deep desire to know and understand more about our clients and our offer
- Engaging passion – working with others with enthusiasm, passion and humor
- Better together – working effectively as a team, collaboration at the heart of solutions
- Challenge & creativity – constantly looking for new and better ways to do things
Clear is seeking to add an inspirational Director to the team. The role sits within our growing US team, with a focus on the Brand Strategy & Experience offer and stretching across a breadth of brand/marketing strategy projects (positioning/repositioning, brand experience strategy & design, commercial growth strategies), qualitative and quantitative research and insight work.
You will be an active and engaged leader within either our New York, NY or Dayton, Ohio office, responsible for leading projects from brief through to successful delivery with support from a project team. You should have a passion and skill for the opportunities within retail and brand experience, growing existing and new client relationships, while also able to roll your sleeves up and deliver. There are also opportunities for offer and IP development, as well as line management of more junior team members, as part of the role.
· Responsible for generating 5x annual salary in net revenue from new and existing accounts.
- Cultivate relationships with new clients – networking to identify new opportunities, develop and take client briefs, lead and deliver high-quality proposals and pitches.
- Identify opportunities for new projects and added revenue from existing clients and convert these into project work.
- Lead projects from start to finish, putting strategic thinking at the heart of the project, ensuring quality, rigor and creativity of thinking and clarity of storytelling.
- Manage the profitability of large projects, maximizing revenue or decreasing costs where appropriate, in line with our entrepreneurial spirit (tracking project workload and resources)
- Quality control – maintaining the highest standards of output, in written, visual and verbal communications with the client, workshop environments and broader IP.
- Proactively helps clients translate brand strategy into action through internal engagement workstreams.
- Manage and inspire consultants to deliver the project successfully, taking ultimate responsibility for clarity of direction and deliverables.
- Facilitate others in generating ideas, leading the creative process with clients.
- Deliver compelling client presentations and experiences
- Identify opportunities and develop content for IP development: both internally to improve CLEAR’s processes, and externally for Marketing materials.
Excited by Winning
· A real business hunter – uses network and new business resources to win new clients.
· Comfortable actively approaching new clients, persistent and skilled in developing client relationships.
· Successfully leads pitches and new biz meetings.
· Leads account development by spotting farming opportunities. Monitors and acts on client feedback.
· Can extract insights from complex pieces of research, particularly quantitative, qualitative and commercial data.
· Can connect the dots to identify the implications and big ideas that insights inspire.
· Guides and mentors the team to better results.
Strategic & Creative Thinker
· Can analyze a problem from multiple perspectives and reason potential ways forward.
· Can identify the key issues or factors that make a difference to success.
· Thinks laterally to solve a challenge.
· Ability to look beyond the project brief and understand a project objective in the context of the broader business and growth challenge.
· Ability to assess and tell a story about commercial impact of a strategic recommendation and identify opportunities for follow-up business.
Natural projects manager
· Appreciates the role of great client management and will ensure high standards across all client touchpoints.
· Anticipates client needs before they are articulated, suggests alternative courses of action and has the information to map out implications to aid decision-making.
· Seeks to manage and improve profitability through maximizing revenue or decreasing costs on a project.
A big thinker:
· Develop offer and support business management.
· Evolves and improves current approaches. Improves and enhances business tools.
· Represents a positive role model with ability to motivate, coach and inspire others.
· Leads thinking on all areas of Clear including people, product and process.
· Lives the Clear values of collaborative, inspiring, entrepreneurial and commercial.
- Approximately 10 years+ brand or marketing strategy consultancy or relevant client
- Solid strategy experience with demonstrable cases of successful commercial impact stories
- Solid experience in both quantitative and qualitative research and insight development
- Strong experience and understanding of shopper and brand experience/retail environment research
- Solid understanding of all aspects of business and brand strategy and product/service innovation
- Ability to understand brand and marketing issues from both a strategic and commercial perspective, thinking laterally and creatively
- Rich experience working on a range of brand problems across a range of clients – with a focus on CPG, Retail and B2C products and services
- Evidence of new business development experience
- Relevant undergraduate & post-graduate degrees, MBA in Marketing preferred
- Medical, EAP. Dental, and Vision insurance options for employees and their families
- Annual Gym Reimbursement with Medical enrollment
- Health Savings Account with Medical enrollment
- Competitive paid-time-off policy based on tenure and seniority
- 401(k) investment options with matching contributions
- Mass Transit & Parking Reimbursement
- Employer paid Group Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
CLEAR Diversity Statement
Clear is committed to building a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and anti-racist community, both through our hiring practices and our focus on creating a culture and environment where diverse perspectives, ideas, and identities are valued and integrated into our way of working both internally and externally. We invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
Clear EEO Statement
Clear is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Clear does not and shall not discriminate, celebrates diversity and employment is based solely on qualifications and competence for a particular position, without regard on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status or citizenship status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring, and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.