About the role
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about the role quantitative research and analysis plays in driving transformational strategy. Someone who can navigate complex categories and challenges, using data to uncover fresh insight and tell compelling strategic narratives that influence senior brand and business leaders’ decision making. Someone who is always looking for new and better ways to uncover and validate insight, bring it to life and use it to solve complex challenges.
The role sits within our consultancy team and focuses on using strategic quantitative research and analysis to drive actionable recommendations for our clients’ businesses and brands.
A key part of this role will be responsibility for selling, designing, and delivering some of our most complex and strategic quantitative engagements. Integrating quantitative insight and analysis into the wider Clear strategic approach and using consumer/customer data and understanding to drive strategic recommendations across a range of brand, experience and innovation challenges.
As an Associate Director you will help champion best practice across the team, developing our consultants and proactively managing support from more senior colleagues.
You will also play a key role in building client relationships with some of our biggest multi-market client accounts as well as identifying new opportunities and clients to grow Clear.
- Lead the quantitative insight thinking at the heart of our most complex and challenging projects. Ensuring quality and clarity of strategic recommendations by giving clear direction to supporting consultants and actively managing upwards to optimise senior support
- Managing top-table ‘pillar clients’ from big picture account planning through to overseeing best-in-class strategic projects
- New business generation; identifying new opportunities, and contributing significantly to winning new clients by leading high-profile proposals and pitches with data at their core
- Champion quantitative research internally, and externally, convincing them of its strategic value and having a strong perspective on its current & future role in the world of marketing strategy
- Help to develop new, disruptive approaches and methodologies, that contribute to the broader strategic offer and direction of Clear
- Responsibilities for the coaching and progression of consultants, helping to develop their technical competencies and elevate their work
- Create inspiring, commercially rigorous client deliverables – distilling large volumes of data into powerful insights and compelling strategic narratives
- Thought Leadership – contribute to Clear’s marketing programme by creation of thought pieces and content to engage clients and development of content
Skills and experience
- Around 7 years’ experience working within strategic research agencies and strategic consultancies
- A deep passion for quantitative research and using it to tackle complex insight, strategy, and innovation challenges
- Highly skilled in developing inspiring strategic narratives from rigorous insight analysis, with extensive experience of writing and structuring clear and inspiring presentations
- Knowledgeable and articulate in a range of analytic approaches with a keen awareness of where, how and why to apply these methodologies
- A passion for winning new business, and proactively cultivating client relationships at the highest level
- Experience of facilitating inspiring and strategic client workshops
- Experience in leading projects with a high degree of responsibility, and a willingness to be “sleeves rolled up” to guide junior consultants and deliver the best client outcomes
- The ability to think laterally and creatively, inspiring others to do the same
- Sound understanding of brands and key challenges
- Excellent presenting, communication and influencing skills
Clear is a global growth consultancy, specializing in brand, experience and innovation. Part of the M&C Saatchi group, over the last two decades we have grown into a £20M business of 90 people with offices in London, New York, Dayton, Frankfurt, Shanghai & Singapore.
We are a growing business with a diverse and highly experienced team with backgrounds in management consulting, client-side marketing, brand consultancy, insight, analytics and design. We have an extensive blue-chip client list including GSK, PepsiCo, Nestle, Disney and many more.
We’re a diverse bunch of smart, ambitious and creative people. Clear has an entrepreneurial, innovative and inclusive culture, giving people freedom, flexibility and lots of responsibility. We like to recognise and reward people’s hard work and contribution, and actively support personal and professional development. Our people make us successful and we enjoy social events, parties, weekly team connections, quiz nights, charity fundraising events and more together.
Clarity creates growth
To create growth through clear strategy
We use clarity to cut through complexity and generate growth
- Collaborative – We bring the best mix of talent to every engagement and partner with clients to ensure outcomes are feasible and actionable
- Inspiring – We are a team of strategists, designers, researchers, thinkers, innovators and creators. We have feet on the ground in all major markets
- Entrepreneurial – We embrace diversity of thought, brave thinking and creative problem solving. We face into our clients’ toughest challenges and move at their speed
- Commercial – Our rigorous approach to everything we do ensures that our big ideas are not only innovative but deliver real impact
Clear diversity statement
Clear is committed to building a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and anti-racist community, both through our hiring practices and our focus on creating a culture and environment where diverse perspectives, ideas, and identities are valued and integrated into our way of working both internally and externally. We invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
Clear EEO Statement
Clear is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Clear does not and shall not discriminate, celebrates diversity and employment is based solely on qualifications and competence for a particular position, without regard on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all employees, volunteers, subcontractors, freelancers, and clients. Your information will be kept confidential according to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).