The M&C Saatchi Group are a creative company of five specialist divisions, connected through data, technology & culture, to deliver Meaningful Change for clients.
Change that makes a substantial contribution to commercial growth and leaves a positive impact on the world, because there is no longer a choice between the two.
To deliver Meaningful Change we:
Navigate complexity with a deeper, more accurate understanding of people, culture and society
Create connections with a wide range of creative and technical capabilities
Lead value creation by identifying how and where creativity can unlock new value for clients
Our five core divisions are: Connected Creativity; Passion Marketing; Global & Social Issues; Brand, Experience & Innovation; and Performance Media.
How we work is based on two core principles – Brutal Simplicity of Thought and Diversity of Thought. Together they guide how we solve problems and how we build integrated specialist teams.
We are Headquartered in London, with operations spanning 23 countries with major hubs in the UK, Europe, Middle East & Africa, Asia and Australia.
We are building a fair and equitable organisation, reflecting the global markets in which we operate placing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, (DEI), at the heart of how we plan and operate. But through action, not just words, we will continue to use our cultural influence to act as leaders, allies, and advocates for change. And we will continue to shape our business to reflect the diversity of the world we live and operate in.
As part of the Infrastructure Team, the Network Engineer is responsible for the planning, design, implementation and maintenance of the M&C Saatchi global network infrastructure.
This person will be responsible for ensuring the stable operation of the organisation’s IT infrastructure across both the UK and other Global Offices. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimising key functional areas, particularly network infrastructure, server infrastructure, data communications, and telecommunications systems.
- Design, deliver and manage LANs for large and small offices to optimize reliability and performance
- Design, deliver and manage WAN links between offices in multiple countries and time zones, delivering a variety of services
- Development, and evaluation of all infrastructure systems, including LANs, WANs, Internet, intranet, security, wireless implementations, etc.
- Conduct feasibility studies for various upgrade projects, improvements, and other conversions.
- Define hardware and software standards in conjunction with owners and stakeholders.
- Test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining network and server infrastructure.
- Practice IT asset management, including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation.
- Participate in the design and implementation of short and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of all infrastructure procurement and development efforts.
- Undertake planning and deployment of infrastructure security measures
- Provide development and mentoring to Junior team members to help build networking knowledge and awareness.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Detailed knowledge of current network protocols
- In depth understanding of routing protocols, router and switch configurations
- In depth understanding of VPN technologies (IPSEC and SSL VPN)
- Comfortable managing/updating certificates
- Good understanding of Change Management procedures
- 3-4 years’ experience managing and delivering infrastructure design and operational excellence.
- Experience of running an international TCP/IP network across multiple time zones
- Network design and documentation
- Remote management of networks
- Remote monitoring and management toolsets
- Project Management skills
- IT Security best practice
- An in depth knowledge of VOIP and QoS technologies
- Knowledge of cloud based solutions
Degree in Computer Science or similar qualification
Fortinet, Cisco or similar qualification
- Ability to make sound and logical judgments
- Good understanding of the organisation’s goals and objectives and how to deliver an IT service relevant to achieving these
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Able to conduct research into issues and products as required
- Ability to prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make key decisions in emergency situations
- Ability to meet short deadlines
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment