We make change. We help brands, people and society make sense of change and make it work for them. Change is our normal.
It’s an exciting time at the new M&C Saatchi London. Forged by the merger of M&C Saatchi and LIDA in 2020 to bring together the best of brand and the best of Customer. The agency has a new leadership, a new energy and a diverse team of talented individuals working hard to make change for clients such as O2, Costa Coffee, NHS and Coca Cola.
We are looking to grow our team of Customer focused strategists to ensure we can continue to deliver best in class customer communications to drive meaningful change for their customers and businesses.
We want to consider all perspectives and possibilities made possible by our commitment to diversity of thought.
Creatively and commercially, our business is only as strong as our people.
We believe nurturing the most eclectic and diverse teams of people and giving them freedom and responsibility is the best way, the right way, of attracting talent and meeting our clients' needs.
What's important to our people is important to us, and we know that change must start within.
That's why we've focused our commitments on our people – and our planet.
We are building a fair and equitable organisation, reflecting the global markets in which we operate placing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, (DEI), at the heart of how we plan and operate. But through action, not just words, we will continue to use our cultural influence to act as leaders, allies, and advocates for change. And we will continue to shape our business to reflect the diversity of the world we live and operate in.
We’re looking for a Customer focused Senior Strategist to join the strategy team, reporting to the Head of Planning, O2, who will be the main account for this role. You’ll have the opportunity to work on with broad range of project based or clients alongside this, from NHS to AXA and Public Health England. This role has lots of scope for both autonomy; owning and running the day to day implementation of customer programs from briefs to execution and evaluation, and leading a project with a social or digital focus or contributing to an integrated strategy on a project for another brand; and development opportunities sharing your expertise to help develop both more junior members of the team and strategists with other areas of specialism. You’ll get to work with Senior Strategy leaders in the agency, influence larger strategic initiatives and take a lead in standalone projects to complement your O2 work.
ABOUT O2: O2 is one of the most established and successful brands in the telco sector, owned by Telefonica. They’ve recently joined forces with Virgin Media, to form a joint venture VMO2, to compete with the likes of Sky and BT:EE. So it’s a busy and exciting time working with them on customer engagement and communications, as they look to drive value and retention from the O2 customer base, and start to look at more cross-sell opportunities across the JV.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You’ll have 3-5 years minimum experience working in customer engagement or with customer focused experience within an integrated setting. Either as part of a strategy team within an agency another relevant setting. Most importantly you’ll be:
A customer champion.
- Naturally curious about people, their behaviours & motivations.
- Adept at researching & understanding customers pain points and needs.
That can plan customer communications.
- Deliver compelling responses to brief for direct, digital & social marketing.
- Compose content plans, tailored to customer needs, occasions & moments.
- Author creative briefs that excite and inspire.
- Propose benchmarks and measurements.
Design actionable customer journeys.
- Map and understand current and future state customer journeys.
- Propose personalised multi-channel customer journeys (e.g. welcome, in-life, retention) that make change and drive commerce.
- Visualise contact strategies, decision logic and comms hierarchies.
And create compelling customer loyalty.
- Research, construct, validate and grow customer loyalty propositions.
- Propose, test & optimse programmes that drive frequency and value.
- Create experiences that create membership and community.
- Regularly makes data useful for insight, brilliant creative, decision making & optimisation.
- Has architected &/ evolved customer loyalty propositions, with successful results.
- Has created customer work in line with / alongside brand strategy.
- Has delivered consistently to a high standard, always with data, narrative & insight.
- Flourished in a fast-paced retail space, balancing short and long term ambition.
- Worked comfortably with clients and agency teams
- You’re a self-starter
- While enjoying a collaborative working style
- You like a variety of briefs to work on at any one time
- And thrive on bringing clarity of thought to complex challenges