M&C Saatchi Group - who we are
M&C Saatchi Group are a creative company of five specialist divisions, connected through data, technology & culture, to deliver Meaningful Change for clients.
Change that makes a substantial contribution to commercial growth and leaves a positive impact on the world, because there is no longer a choice between the two.
To deliver Meaningful Change we:
Navigate complexity with a deeper, more accurate understanding of people, culture and society
Create connections with a wide range of creative and technical capabilities
Lead value creation by identifying how and where creativity can unlock new value for clients
Our five core divisions are: Connected Creativity; Passion Marketing; Global & Social Issues; Brand, Experience & Innovation; and Performance Media.
How we work is based on two core principles – Brutal Simplicity of Thought and Diversity of Thought. Together they guide how we solve problems and how we build integrated specialist teams.
We are Headquartered in London but operations span 23 countries with major hubs in the UK, Europe, Middle East & Africa, Asia and Australia.
We are building a fair and equitable organisation, reflecting the global markets in which we operate placing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, (DEI), at the heart of how we plan and operate. But through action, not just words, we will continue to use our cultural influence to act as leaders, allies, and advocates for change. And we will continue to shape our business to reflect the diversity of the world we live and operate in.
- To oversee the delivery of our bespoke training programme which is designed to upskill Civil Society Organisations (CSO’s) in improve their sustainability and increase reach.
Experience / Qualifications / Core Skills
- Expertise in a similar working environment commensurate with your job title.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Practical understanding of commercial operations.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Proficient in all components of Microsoft Office (Outlook, word-processing, power point and spreadsheets).
- Excellent communication skills to enable them to engage with stakeholders, no matter their level and to understand client requirements.
- Sense of responsibility towards the organisation’s reputation.
- Ability to work independently, whilst ensuring that seniors and other team members are fully briefed.
- Interest in current and home affairs including social change, politics, and community engagement.
Responsible for developing and nurturing the training programme including:
- Overseeing the online training platform,
- Making sure the system is running efficiently. Ensuring regular security testing and overseeing any technical updates that may be required,
- Checking usage of each module and using Google Analytics to report on usage and trends.
- Recommending new online modules that could be of use to the CSO’s and overseeing their creation.
- Working with the client and account teams to agree which CSO’s would benefit from one on one training sessions and overseeing the design and delivery.
- Working with the client and account teams to agree what kind of monthly updates and best practices documents would be off use to the CSO’s and once agreed, overseeing their design and delivery.
- Working with the Business Director and Network Director to identify new training opportunities, present rationales to client and sell in their need.
- To find new trainers to fulfil the new training modules and work collaboratively with them to design the modules.
- Confident in preparing fee proposals for review with your BD and to discuss with the clients.
- Overseeing the financial aspect of the programme including raising estimates, PO’s, ongoing budget tracking and cost reconciling at year end.
- Track all training sessions and regularly report to the client
- Support our evaluation partner in their role of evaluating the training strand of work.
- Support the client’s own network events by running training sessions or workshops.
- More broadly, obsess about the work: is it the best it can be? Is it on brief? Is it going to deliver the business impact that we want it to? You should be taking responsibility for the quality and consistency of agency output.
- Trust your instincts and lead the team and the client to do the best work possible. That may mean pushing back internally or to the client. It may mean revisiting the brief and starting again. It may mean trying something that’s never been done before.
- Lead by example by sharing your passion for good work – inspire team members, sharing regular updates on the training activity.
- Be the lifeblood of the agency, you should be actively involved in contributing to the shaping the agency, thinking of new initiatives, ways of working, ways to make it even better.
- With one eye constantly on the wider communications and third sector industries, you should be familiar with the latest trends and debates taking place and have a point of view and willing to share with wider team and relevant stakeholders.
- Take an active role in nurturing and developing talent within the agency and supporting more junior members of the department.
- Have a very close working relationship with the wider team. Involve them (when possible and is appropriate) in the strategy upfront so that they feel part of the solution.
- Be a trusted confidante to clients and partners alike; have a strong working relationship with your key clients, from the more junior clients up to the Senior Managers or above if appropriate. Anticipate client needs and always think two steps ahead to head off potential problems. The stronger your relationships with them, the more enjoyable your job will be, the happier your team will be and the better the work will be. It’s all about trust. You need to earn it and prove yourself
- Remain calm under pressure and a positive force who leads by example and keeps spirits high when times are tough. Identify when they need help and initiate steps to do so.
- Work hand-in-glove with strategists to set the strategic direction for the training programme.
- Contribute to strategic conversations, both internally and with the client.
- Bring Brutal Simplicity of Thought to everything you do.
- Have a rigorous knowledge of client environment and market and be able to bring insights into strategic and wider discussions.
- Ensure resource across the client’s account is used efficiently and help plan, thinking more long term rather than reacting to client requests and feedback. Be proactive and generate new ideas.
- Monitor how the processes are working on the account and if there are any issues, suggest new ways of working.