M&C Saatchi London is part of the M&C Saatchi Group. We believe in Making Change and placing the customer firmly at the heart of our comms, and we use this ethos in all our advertising from Brand TV through to CRM programmes. We’re lucky to enough to have a range of globally renowned clients who invest in our creative vision, such as PHE, NHS, Coca-Cola, Costa and O2. And while we’re a strong and tight-knit unit, we readily connect and work closely with our friends in the group.
Creatively and commercially, our business is only as strong as our people.
We believe nurturing the most eclectic and diverse teams of people and giving them freedom and responsibility is the best way, the right way, of attracting talent and meeting our clients' needs.
What's important to our people is important to us, and we know that change must start within.
That's why we've focused our commitments on our people – and our planet.
We are building a fair and equitable organisation, reflecting the global markets in which we operate placing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, (DEI), at the heart of how we plan and operate. But through action, not just words, we will continue to use our cultural influence to act as leaders, allies, and advocates for change. And we will continue to shape our business to reflect the diversity of the world we live and operate in.
Email Developer - midweight/senior
Overview of the role.
The Email Developer’s role is to support our clients and internal teams with the development of high-quality email template builds, where a high-level understanding of HTML/CSS is a strong requirement. The Mid-weight/Senior Email Developer takes this role to the next level with advanced understanding of email coding practices and additional responsibilities.
Email templates builds
- Build mobile first, responsive HTML email templates from PSD or XD designs
- Optimisation for high quality in all environments in QA support matrix
- Implementing and testing existing or new interactive elements to enhance emails
- Collaborating and managing code via a web-based version control repository, such as Bitbucket
- Ongoing smoke testing via Email on Acid to ensure continuous optimisation
- Image preparation (slicing, resizing, cropping)
- Seek out latest trends and techniques in email development
- Share knowledge and understanding of email techniques with Account Teams
- Assist Account Teams in sharing innovations with clients
- Internal projects to produce technical solutions that improve ways of working and introduce efficiencies
- Work together with the Tech Team to solve issues and identify new innovations for investigation
Comarch (CRM platform)
Quality assurance and rendering
- Upload and send HTML/text campaigns to QA test list
- Knowledge of conditional scripting to implement dynamic content variants
- Apply personalisation
- Work with clients through the Account Team to advise on technical solutions to briefs
- Provide creative ideas and solutions to briefs
- Ensure builds match initial designs and briefs
- Strong analytical skills to bug fix all emails to the point of delivery
- Utilise Jira task management software alongside QA team members
Experience working with
- Adobe Photoshop, XD, Dreamweaver
- Bitbucket/SourceTree or similar
- Jira/Confluence or similar
- AWS or a similar storage service to stage email builds for client review
Can do attitude – You are the person who is more prepared, has a strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving abilities. You juggle multiple projects, set high personal standards and lead by example by using your initiative. Constantly strives to deliver excellence.
Stakeholder management – You work alongside and earn the respect of the account management teams to make things happen. You are a team player, happy to always support colleagues at all levels.
Interpersonal skills – You are ambitious and have a great interest in technology. You possess the ability to describe technical problems to relevant stakeholders. You are involved in the creative process, checking possibility of ideas suggested. You are comfortable making decisions, from selecting the best approach to picking the best techniques and creating recommendations for the job.
Prioritisation and Time Management – You’re always able to keep multiple plates spinning. Knowing how to prioritise your workload and give appropriate time estimates for development to hit important deadlines.