IT Automation Engineer
M&C Saatchi Group is a creative federation of companies who navigate, create and lead meaningful change for clients. Across five specialist divisions connected through people, culture, data, technology and creativity, M&C Saatchi Group aims to unlock new value for clients and leave a positive impact on the world.
M&C Saatchi Group’s work is informed by two core principles - Brutal Simplicity of Thought and Diversity of Thought. Together they guide how problem are solved and integrated specialist teams are built. Headquartered in London, M&C Saatchi Group have circa 2,500 employees globally of which 720 employees are UK based, and operations spanning 23 countries with major hubs in the UK, Europe, Middle East & Africa, Asia and Australia.
M&C Saatchi Group is entering a new era with new strategic priority - to work in a more connected way. Across all businesses within the UK Group and globally, M&C Saatchi Group seeks to optimise talent, infrastructure, systems and processes and leverage the benefits of being a global company with a collective vision.
About The Role
M&C Saatchi are hiring a new role within the team, an IT Automation Engineer.
As our IT Automation Engineer, you will be supporting the global IT team in managing our fantastic office and people in the heart of Soho.
You will work with all of the team across the IT Department, utilising the skills of various team members to achieve the necessary outcomes and helping build an engaging and efficient office service.
Much of the role is working alongside internal stakeholders, so clear communication skills, attention to detail and experience working in a busy environment is a must.
The IT Automation Engineer’s focus is on the automation/scripting/integration of systems as driven by business requirements. There is a significant focus on project work and proactively developing solutions to streamline the customer experience.
- Converting business workflows and requirements into automated processes
- Liaising with stakeholders to help them understand what is achievable/possible
- Understanding and implementing full lifecycle management
- Proactive problem resolution to streamline operational support and remove bugs
- System troubleshooting and problem solving
- Automating deployment of applications, system configurations and security settings
- Directory services integrations (Azure/AD/OKTA) with other 3rd party systems
- Cloud Service provisioning, automation and administration
- Helping to maintain the security of M&C Saatchi’s digital systems
- Responding to assigned calls on the call logging system
- To arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house
- Analysing incidents and identifying underlying root causes with the objective of reducing/preventing future recurrences
- Mentoring and development of Junior team members
- Any other duties as directed by the line manager
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Strong scripting and automation skills, particularly in PowerShell
- Strong understanding of lifecycle management
- Experience administering version control systems
- Experience with system monitoring tools
- Experience administering cloud services platforms (Okta and Azure)
- Good understanding of core Microsoft/Linux/Mac systems
- Good understanding of script deployment through InTune and Azure
- Knowledge of common IT infrastructure systems and networks
- Understanding of security principles and best practices
- Ability to make sound and logical judgments
- Good understanding of the organisation’s goals and objectives and how to deliver an IT service relevant to achieving these
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Able to conduct research into issues and products as required
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations
- Ability to meet short deadlines
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
What we offer
For the right candidate, we will offer a competitive salary and elective bens package with options including private healthcare, dental, gym membership. Carnaby Card, employer contributory pension, life assurance and income protection. We also offer a host of benefits that support wellbeing 11: counselling, whilst our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion sees us offer learning opportunities around DE&I, targeted mentoring programmes and the opportunity to participate in a number of active Employee Led Networks and associated events. Finally, this role will have a vibrant development offer that sets it up for success.
The M&C Saatchi Group UK has pledged its commitment to create a company that values difference, with an inclusive culture brought to life through equity with an 18-month roadmap of business-wide activity across people, culture, industry and society. As part of this, M&C Saatchi Group continues to be an Equal Opportunity Employer which does not and shall not discriminate, celebrates diversity and bases all hiring and promotion decisions solely on merit, without regard for any personal characteristics.
Your information will be kept confidential according to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
#LI - JL1