We’re looking for a commercially focused Strategy Director for Clear, a global strategy consultancy which forms part of M&C Saatchi Group. This role that will report into a Senior Director and will lead on a range of brand/marketing strategy projects. This is a full-time role is based in Dayton, Oh or New York, NY on a hybrid working basis.
About M&C Saatchi Group
M&C Saatchi Group is a creative federation of companies who navigate, create, and lead meaningful change for clients. Across five specialist divisions connected through people, culture, data, technology and creativity, M&C Saatchi Group aims to unlock new value for clients and leave a positive impact on the world.
Clear M&C Saatchi is a global strategy consultancy with offices in London, Frankfurt, New York, Dayton, and Singapore that specializes in insight-led strategy and design for brand, experience, and innovation. By helping clients embrace complexity and change, and delivering brand clarity, Clear delivers better outcomes and overall business growth.
Our way of working differentiates us – at Clear, we go all in. All in on passion, all in on collaboration, all in on impact. And when you go all in at Clear, you get the exposure, responsibility, and opportunities that will supercharge your personal and professional growth.
We’re committed to an ethos of excellence – championing, challenging, and supporting one another to stretch and grow. No egos here, simply a diverse group of brilliant, creative people working together every day to create real impact for the world’s biggest brands.
- Collaborative – We bring the best mix of talent to every engagement and partner with clients to ensure outcomes are feasible and actionable.
- Inspiring – We are a team of strategists, designers, researchers, thinkers, innovators, and creators. We have feet on the ground in all major markets.
- Entrepreneurial – We embrace diversity of thought, brave thinking and creative problem solving. We face into our clients’ toughest challenges and move at their speed.
- Commercial – Our rigorous approach to everything we do ensures that our big ideas are not only innovative but deliver real impact
About the Role
Clear is seeking to add an inspirational Director to the team. The role sits within our growing US team, with a focus on the Brand Strategy & Experience offer and stretching across a breadth of brand/marketing strategy projects (positioning/repositioning, brand experience strategy & design, commercial growth strategies), qualitative and quantitative research and insight work.
You will be an active and engaged leader within either our New York, NY or Dayton, Ohio office, responsible for leading projects from brief through to successful delivery with support from a project team. You should have a passion and skill for the opportunities within retail and brand experience, growing existing and new client relationships, while also able to roll your sleeves up and deliver. There are also opportunities for offer and IP development, as well as line management of more junior team members, as part of the role.
Specifically, this role will focus on the following key activities:
- Responsible for generating 5x annual salary in net revenue from new and existing accounts.
- Cultivate relationships with new clients – networking to identify new opportunities, develop and take client briefs, lead, and deliver high-quality proposals and pitches.
- Identify opportunities for new projects and added revenue from existing clients and convert these into project work.
- Lead projects from start to finish, putting strategic thinking at the heart of the project, ensuring quality, rigor and creativity of thinking and clarity of storytelling.
- Manage the profitability of large projects, maximizing revenue or decreasing costs where appropriate, in line with our entrepreneurial spirit (tracking project workload and resources)
- Quality control – maintaining the highest standards of output, in written, visual, and verbal communications with the client, workshop environments and broader IP.
- Proactively helps clients translate brand strategy into action through internal engagement workstreams.
This role is a fantastic opportunity to be part of an ambitious business where the opportunities are endless.
Given the impact this role will have on Clear, we’re looking for someone with a stellar mix of relevant experience and skills. Ideally, the successful candidate will have the following experiences and strengths:
- Approximately 10 years+ brand or marketing strategy consultancy or relevant client side experience
- Solid strategy experience with demonstrable cases of successful commercial impact stories
- Solid experience in both quantitative and qualitative research and insight development
- Strong experience and understanding of shopper and brand experience/retail environment research
- Solid understanding of all aspects of business and brand strategy and product/service innovation
- Ability to understand brand and marketing issues from both a strategic and commercial perspective, thinking laterally and creatively
- Rich experience working on a range of brand problems across a range of clients – with a focus on CPG, Retail and B2C products and services
- Evidence of new business development experience
- Relevant undergraduate & post-graduate degrees, MBA in Marketing preferred
What we offer
For the right candidate, we will offer a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Medical, EAP. Dental, and Vision insurance options for employees and their families
- Annual Gym Reimbursement with Medical enrollment
- Health Savings Account with Medical enrollment
- Competitive PTO policy based on tenure and seniority
- 401(k) investment options with matching contributions
- Mass Transit & Parking Reimbursement
- Employer paid Group Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- Paid Holidays
New benefits introduced for 2022
- Flexi-Location: ability to work anywhere in the world for 2 weeks (10 working days per year)
- Kaizen: $275 personal or professional growth budget
- Hustle Hacks: By supporting each other’s passions/side hustles outside of work, the team will meet quarterly to utilize our expertise skills to help you overcome the challenges you’re working on.
- Quarterly social celebrations
The M&C Saatchi Group UK has pledged its commitment to create a company that values difference, with an inclusive culture brought to life through equity with an 18-month roadmap of business-wide activity across people, culture, industry, and society. As part of this, M&C Saatchi Group continues to be an Equal Opportunity Employer which does not and shall not discriminate, celebrates diversity and bases all hiring and promotion decisions solely on merit, without regard for any personal characteristics.
All employee information is kept confidential according to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).