We’re looking for a commercially focused Senior Consultant for Clear, a global strategy consultancy which forms part of M&C Saatchi Group. This role that will report into a Director and will lead brand/marketing projects with support from senior staff. This is a full-time role is based in Dayton, OH or New York, NY on a hybrid working basis.
About M&C Saatchi Group
M&C Saatchi Group is a creative federation of companies who navigate, create, and lead meaningful change for clients. Across five specialist divisions connected through people, culture, data, technology and creativity, M&C Saatchi Group aims to unlock new value for clients and leave a positive impact on the world.
Clear M&C Saatchi is a global strategy consultancy with offices in London, Frankfurt, New York, Dayton, and Singapore that specializes in insight-led strategy and design for brand, experience, and innovation. By helping clients embrace complexity and change, and delivering brand clarity, Clear delivers better outcomes and overall business growth.
Our way of working differentiates us – at Clear, we go all in. All in on passion, all in on collaboration, all in on impact. And when you go all in at Clear, you get the exposure, responsibility, and opportunities that will supercharge your personal and professional growth.
We’re committed to an ethos of excellence – championing, challenging, and supporting one another to stretch and grow. No egos here, simply a diverse group of brilliant, creative people working together every day to create real impact for the world’s biggest brands.
- Collaborative – We bring the best mix of talent to every engagement and partner with clients to ensure outcomes are feasible and actionable.
- Inspiring – We are a team of strategists, designers, researchers, thinkers, innovators, and creators. We have feet on the ground in all major markets.
- Entrepreneurial – We embrace diversity of thought, brave thinking and creative problem solving. We face into our clients’ toughest challenges and move at their speed.
- Commercial – Our rigorous approach to everything we do ensures that our big ideas are not only innovative but deliver real impact
About the Role
Consultants at Clear have the opportunity to work across a number of engagements – including brand strategy (positioning/repositioning, architecture and portfolio work), qualitative and quantitative research and insight work, as well as retail strategy, reinvention and design work. Clear has an excellent reputation for delivering creative and insightful consumer research that drives clear, concise strategy recommendations and ultimately, brand experiences. This is a role for those who are looking for a growth opportunity and want to fast-track their career; we are interested in passionate candidates who want to be at the heart of clients’ strategic decisions.
The primary objective of the senior consultant role is to lead projects with support from senior staff, setting the overall direction of projects and taking responsibility for inspiring thinking and delivery. You will be given the opportunity to build strong client relationships and existing accounts, as well as actively assisting in winning new business and proposal development.
Specifically, this role will focus on the following key activities:
- Owns and manages projects, proactively anticipating clients’ needs and delivering a first-class client experience.
- Extracts insights from complex research, identifying the implications and ideas for brand growth that the insights inspire.
- Consolidates insights into impactful, clear, and inspiring narratives to share with senior stakeholders.
- Analyses problems from multiple perspectives and reasons potential ways forward, with a clear recommendation.
- Understands bigger picture behind a client’s brief and the impact of trends and competitor activity.
- Leads the development and execution of the entire quant research process (e.g., questionnaire design, fieldwork management, analysis/report creation).
- Leads qualitative research engagements (including creation of guides, moderation of consumer interviews/focus groups, analysis/report creation)
- Ensures seamless delivery of projects and client satisfaction - including managing timelines and project budgets.
- Actively develops relationships with existing clients and identifies potential new opportunities to extend our relationships.
This role is a fantastic opportunity to be part of an ambitious business where the opportunities are endless.
Given the impact this role will have on Clear, we’re looking for someone with a stellar mix of relevant experience and skills. Ideally, the successful candidate will have the following experiences and strengths:
- At least 4+ years work experience in a brand consultancy, market research agency or marketing role
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience working on a range of brand or business strategy challenges, such as: brand positioning, brand architecture, purpose/values, go-to-market strategy
- Knowledge of different types of quant projects, such as: A&U, Segmentation, Concept testing, Discrete choice/conjoint. Or qualitative projects like focus groups, in-depth interviews, etc. The ideal candidate would have both quant & qual experience
- Industry experience in one or more of the following is a plus: retail, apparel, consumer packaged goods, financial services, healthcare
- Skilled in presenting information to senior clients with confidence and energy
- Proven project and time management skills
- Ability to think laterally and creatively about problems
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- A natural passion for brands and consumer behavior
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite – excellent PowerPoint skills required
What we offer
For the right candidate, we will offer a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Medical, EAP. Dental, and Vision insurance options for employees and their families
- Annual Gym Reimbursement with Medical enrollment
- Health Savings Account with Medical enrollment
- Competitive PTO policy based on tenure and seniority
- 401(k) investment options with matching contributions
- Mass Transit & Parking Reimbursement
- Employer paid Group Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- Paid Holidays
New benefits introduced for 2022
- Flexi-Location: ability to work anywhere in the world for 2 weeks (10 working days per year)
- Kaizen: $275 personal or professional growth budget
- Hustle Hacks: By supporting each other’s passions/side hustles outside of work, the team will meet quarterly to utilize our expertise skills to help you overcome the challenges you’re working on.
- Quarterly social celebrations
The M&C Saatchi Group UK has pledged its commitment to create a company that values difference, with an inclusive culture brought to life through equity with an 18-month roadmap of business-wide activity across people, culture, industry, and society. As part of this, M&C Saatchi Group continues to be an Equal Opportunity Employer which does not and shall not discriminate, celebrates diversity and bases all hiring and promotion decisions solely on merit, without regard for any personal characteristics.
All employee information is kept confidential according to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).