About M&C Saatchi Group:
M&C Saatchi Group is a creative company that connects specialist expertise, fuelled by data, technology and culture, to help clients navigate, create and lead meaningful change. The Group operates across five core divisions: Connected Creativity; Passion Marketing; Global & Social Issues; Brand, Experience & Innovation; and Performance Media. Headquartered in London, operations span 23 countries with major hubs in the UK, Europe, US, Middle East & Africa, Asia and Australia. M&C Saatchi Group’s two principles, Diversity of Thought and Brutal Simplicity of Thought, guide how they build teams and solve problems.
About M&C Saatchi World Services:
M&C Saatchi World Services is a specialist division of M&C Saatchi Group dedicated to harnessing the best of M&C Saatchi - people, skills, creativity and technology - to tackle humanity’s most sensitive, complex and intractable problems….problems like global poverty, gender inequality, health and nutrition, sexual and reproductive health rights (SRHR), stigma and discrimination against minorities.
Since we launched in 2011, projects have included:
- Creating a campaign to mobilise support for the global eradication of Polio.
- Creating an award-winning campaign to tackle stigma and discrimination against LGBT people and Sex Workers in eight countries in Southern Africa.
- Creating an award-winning campaign to tackle modern slavery in Nigeria.
- Designing an app to support drug adherence of young people living with HIV (YPLHIV) in eSwatini and Mozambique.
- Developing a campaign to increase adoption of modern methods of family planning in Pakistan.
- Developing a social and behaviour change strategy to support prevention of Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs).
- Tackling harmful practices such as honour-based violence and female genital mutilation (FGM) in communities.
Our Clients are global and are at the cutting-edge of behaviour change activities. They include Government agencies, Multilaterals, Bilaterals, Trusts and Foundations and NGOs. Our Clients are the most committed people that you could meet and they look to us for partnership, expertise, best practice, inspiration, rigour and magic. In us, they find a true match for their passion and commitment.
What do we look for?
We look for the Curious-Minded, the Problem-Solvers, the Tenacious. People who see the Big Picture, the Small One…and all the nuances in between. The Experts who make things happen. The Committed Ones who fight for the underdog.
We are an eclectic mix. We have people that come from advertising agencies, academia, charities, the military. We have behaviour change experts with a side-line in techno DJ’ing. We do Ted Talks. We talk dozens of different languages. Our tastes in music range from Blues to Country via Bassline. You could not find a more dynamic crew.
We Lean In. We are Passionate about the Power of Creativity and Communications. We live the news cycle. We’re discreet, because lives depend on it. We coach, we mentor, we teach and, in turn, every day is a learning opportunity for us too.
We have all played a part in trying to save the planet, reduce conflict and making people feel safer, healthier and happier.
About the Role:
We are looking for an exceptional Account Director to lead an innovative program that fuses digital communications with brilliant design and data. You’ll be working on global programs but based in London, working within a key department of M&C Saatchi World Services. This is an opportunity for anyone looking to apply the skills they have acquired in the commercial world on fascinating global issues, working with a diverse and interesting bunch of colleagues along the way.
We are a big believer in transferable skills, so traditional ad-agency experience is not necessarily needed.
What you’ll do:
- Working with design and digital communications to impact audiences across the globe
- Find ways of conveying data and information to client, including using tools and dashboards
- Work with our data scientists and news monitoring team to develop insights that can help fuel activity
- Have strong financial skills to keep on top of the project finances
- Interrogate data, campaign results, market trends and competitor insights to contribute and help write reports for the client
- Co-ordinate the preparation of immaculate client-facing presentations, and deliver them clearly and compellingly
- Leading a nimble team of two Account Managers and multiple support staff
- Managing up to a Senior Account Director who will be across several other programs
- Using your great project management skills to deliver dissemination and reporting on time and to a high standard
- Working across different functions of the business and driving progress through these teams
- Working with an engaged and trusting client who wants to make interesting work
- Providing them with the best agency support on offer, with clear communication, problem solving and a bias to action
- Building long term relationships with them, understanding their problems better than they do by leveraging the wealth of insight out support teams generate
- Present regular updates to client on weekly calls and present compellingly
You are interested in Geo-Politics, current affairs and policy. You like working with a small team and solving tricky problems, and have a wealth of digital communication expertise you can apply. You don’t have an ego, but are proud of what you can do. You’re patient, diligent, and can stay on top of multiple deliverables whilst managing your day-to-day.
What you bring:
- Minimum of 4 years’ account management experience in digital marketing
- Credible leadership skills, capable of motivating agency teams and promoting the trust of our client
- Highly motivated, undaunted by rewarding hard work, and passionate about digital
- A bias to action and motivation to make a difference
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, with a focus on data analysis and report writing
- An impeccable attention to detail
- Foreign language skills desirable, but not essential
- Brilliant networking skills, confident at developing new relationships
What We Offer:
For the right candidate, we will offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes 25 days annual holiday (plus a day off for your birthday), private healthcare, employer contributory pension, life assurance and income protection. We also offer a host of benefits that support wellbeing including subsided gym membership, whilst our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion sees us offer inclusive bank holidays, learning opportunities around DE&I, targeted mentoring programmes and the opportunity to participate in a number of active Employee Led Networks and associated events. Finally, this role will be supported with all the necessary personal development required to set someone up for success.
The M&C Saatchi Group UK has pledged its commitment to create a company that values difference, with an inclusive culture brought to life through equity with an 18-month roadmap of business-wide activity across people, culture, industry and society.
As part of this, M&C Saatchi Group continues to be an Equal Opportunity Employer which does not and shall not discriminate, celebrates diversity and bases all hiring and promotion decisions solely on merit, without regard for any personal characteristics.
All employee information is kept confidential according to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).