As M&C Saatchi Group moves to the next stage of its growth, we are looking to grow a transformative Global Procurement capability.
This is a unique opportunity to develop a capability at the centre of a global group and define and drive the group’s category strategy. This will be a hands-on position which requires negotiation and data analytics skills.
This is a full-time role working in a hybrid capacity within our London headquarters.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
This is a hands-on position which will be responsible for the development of procurement practices globally. You will manage the global procurement database and support global contracts and RFPs, consolidating the supplier base, ensuring favourable terms, and deriving cost savings wherever possible.
The role will work closely with the businesses to manage demand, finance team to manage data, reporting and forecasting, and legal on contract reviewing and management. You will act as a subject matter expert, problem solver, influencer, and ultimately, implementer of a new supplier process and ecosystem.
You will be expected to deliver material global simplification and material cost efficiencies for the group globally through consolidating and centralising (where it makes sense to) spend.
There is a strong opportunity to progress in this role over time as procurement as a centre of excellence is established.
- Procurement Strategy: Implement a global procurement strategy to deliver material cost efficiencies while considering cost, quality, and sustainability.
- Supplier Management: Identify, evaluate, and select suppliers based on quality, price, availability, and reliability. Develop and maintain strong supplier relationships to ensure consistent supply and favourable terms.
- Cost Management: Conduct cost analysis and deliver material cost savings and value optimisation in the procurement processes.
- Negotiation: Lead requests for proposals and negotiations with suppliers to secure favourable terms, reduced pricing, and contractual agreements while maintaining positive working relationships.
- Supply Chain Implementation: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including the businesses, legal, and finance, to embed an efficient, transparent and streamlined supply chain process.
- Risk Management: Assess and mitigate potential risks related to supplier disruptions, geopolitical factors, business-specific requirements and market fluctuations that could impact the supply chain.
- Contract Management: Review and manage supplier contracts and agreements, ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
The successful candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem solving, analytical and decision-making skills, independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for collaboration and open communication.
You’re good at:
- Identifying and delivering on cost saving opportunities.
- Strong communication skills with a strong emphasis towards collaborative problem-solving.
- Hands-on delivery, getting the job done.
- Performing successfully in a fast-paced, multi-cultural service-orientated environment.
- Operating in a multi-faceted complex environment, with a strong understanding of what it takes to deliver change successfully.
- Negotiation skills that enable you to influence stakeholders and secure beneficial contracts.
- Detailed analytics for measuring and reporting progress and outcomes.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and creating structure and simplicity from the complex.
- Project management and attention to detail.
You bring (experience & qualifications):
- Proven experience in procurement roles, with a track record of successfully managing supplier relationships and implementing procurement strategies.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to drive favourable outcomes.
- A proven track record of success leading supply chain negotiations and request for proposal processes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with internal teams and external suppliers.
- Analytical with proficiency in data analysis and interpretation.
- A working knowledge of procurement software and tools for streamlining processes.
- Proven experience with legal and regulatory aspects of procurement and contract management.
- Strategic thinker with a problem-solving mindset and ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong commitment to ethical business practices and corporate governance.
- Experience of working globally across disaggregated businesses and teams.
- Experience of working with low-cost locations/outsourced model providers (including offshoring and/or outsourcing).
- Flexibility to adapt easily to changing requirements and priorities.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Educated to degree level or relevant certifications (e.g., Certified Professional in Supply Management - CPSM).
- Prior experience in the marketing industry, ideally within a group of diverse businesses, would be a bonus.
Application deadline: Monday 25 September. NO RECRUITERS.
ABOUT M&C SAATCHI GROUP
M&C Saatchi Group is a creative company that connects specialist expertise, fuelled by data, technology, and culture, to help clients navigate, create, and lead meaningful change. The Group operates across five core divisions: Connected Creativity; Passion Marketing; Global & Social Issues; Brand, Experience & Innovation; and Performance Media. Headquartered in London, operations span 23 countries with major hubs in the UK, Europe, US, Middle East & Africa, Asia and Australia. M&C Saatchi Group’s two principles, Diversity of Thought and Brutal Simplicity of Thought, guide how they build teams and solve problems.
M&C Saatchi Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer which does not discriminate, celebrates diversity and bases all hiring and promotion decisions solely on talent and capability, without regard for any personal characteristics.
All employee information is kept confidential according to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).